CG Generalist - Game Engine
Are you an artistic, technically savvy, professionally experienced real-time digital game artist interested in creating the next generation entertainment content? Ever dreamed of building the Holodeck? This is a rare opportunity to get on the ground floor of one of Silicon Valley's most exciting startups.
Light Field Lab Inc. in San Jose, California is building the world’s most advanced holographic ecosystem, and we are looking for an enthusiastic, versatile CG Generalist to help us create content for our groundbreaking technologies.
The candidate will be helping to produce high caliber design and visually compelling scene layouts to be viewed on our real time holographic display ecosystems. Applicant will have a solid working knowledge of game engine workflows (Unreal/Unity), with the artistic and technical ability to model, texture and light photorealistic hard surface and organic objects. Candidate will also have professional experience in either 3D Studio Max or Maya.
Position requires a start-up company mentality and flexibility with assignment variations and project deadlines.
This is a full-time position located in our San Jose, California office.
• Collaborate with creative development and programming teams to advance the state of real-time rendered holographic immersive experiences while striving for highest possible visual fidelity and ensuring optimal performance.
• Standardize and improve development processes for production of assets, materials, shaders, and other content.
• Work in Unreal/Unity, Maya, 3D Studio Max and other industry standard applications to help create internal/external content and example workflows for holographic display systems.
• Other tasks as assigned.
• 2+ years experience as a professional CG Generalist or equivalent capacity working on a photo-realistic game project.
• 2+ years of experience in Unity or Unreal (Octane knowledge a plus).
• 2+ years of experience with 3DS Max and/or Maya.
• Artistic sensibility with an ability to model, texture, light and animate (basic) at a professional level.
• Working knowledge of the Adobe Suite of tools.
• Shaders: knowledge of real-time shader implementations.
• Materials: experienced in the development, authoring & organization of efficient materials.
• Must be a team player and work well within a group environment.
• Must have a high attention to detail and be organized.
• Strong verbal and written English language communication skills.
• Must have a passion to develop content within the holographic ecosystem.
• Must have a capacity to work with proprietary toolsets.
• 2+ years experience as a professional CG Generalist on feature films or broadcast television series preferred.
• 1+ years of experience with Nuke and/or Digital Fusion preferred.
• Experience in layout and/or blueprinting preferred.
• Please submit a portfolio/reel submission including a detailed breakdown of your work in each shot.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to lift and carry 25 pounds for 50 feet; bend and reach; work in an environment with daily changes in climate; While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit, read, write, type and speak for extended periods of time; The employee is required to move around the premises; The employee must be able to observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work; Employee must be able to learn and apply new skills or information; Must be able to multi-task regularly; Employee must display a positive, professional image and attitude and work well with others; The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise levels; The position also requires the following abilities:
o Ability to look at computer screen for extended periods;
o Ability to concentrate and focus for extended periods;
o Ability to handle stress;
o Ability to interact frequently and positively with others;
o Ability to meet deadlines;
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performance by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or interpreted as a comprehensive inventory or exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs. Light Field Lab Inc., is an at-will employer and this description is not intended to imply a guarantee of permanent employment.
Light Field Lab does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, religion, (including, but not limited to, religious dress and grooming practices), family status, ancestry, citizenship, military and veteran status, filing of a workers’ compensation claim, or any other legally protected status. It is our intention that all applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions are based on job related factors. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Full Health Benefits, Dental and Vision